[Mailman-Users] no mail delivery to site list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 9 01:06:00 CEST 2013

On 05/08/2013 08:50 AM, Larry Kuenning wrote:
> Wrong.  I was looking at an old dumpdb output file, from before I ran
> fix_url to get the configuration pages to show up.  On rerunning dumpdb
> I find that host_name has been correct for a day or two now and the
> problem must be somewhere else.

My best SWAG (sophisticated wild-ass guess) is you have Postfix/Mailman
integration and the necessary aliases and virtual mappings were
generated for each list as you created it, but since the 'mailman' list
pre-existed, it doesn't have them.

If this is the case, i.e. if you look at Mailman's data/aliases (and
data/virtual-mailman if there is one) files and see entries for all but
the mailman list, running Mailmamn's bin/genaliases should fix it.

If the issue is something else, we'd need to start by seeing the output
of 'postconf -n' and the contents of mm_cfg.py.

Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>        The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list