[Mailman-Users] approval before changing mail address

Michael Probst mprobst at irt.de
Mon May 13 17:06:00 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I hope this is the right mailing list to ask this kind of questions.

We run mailing lists with mailman for an organization with multiple
groups and
each group has its own mailing list(s). Our policy requires that
subscriptions are
approved by a moderator.

However, we got requests from people to change their email address
for all their subscriptions. We found that people can do so themselves
via the web interface, but we could not find out how to let a moderator
approve this change.

Required sequence:

* user changes his email address for all his subscriptions (works)
* owner of new email address confirms (works)
* moderator approves (not found)

Is this possible with mailman and if yes what version of mailman is
required?

If not is there any way to remove this option from the member page, so
they can still unsubscribe,
watch the archive, etc.?

Can a list adminstrator change the mail address of a user for all of his
subscriptions at once?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Michael Probst                INSTITUT FUER RUNDFUNKTECHNIK GmbH / PD

Tel: +49 89 / 32399 338       Floriansmuehlstrasse  60
Fax: +49 89 / 32399 415       80939 Munich
e-mail  : mprobst at irt.de      Germany
Internet: www.irt.de

Research and Development Institute of ARD, ZDF, DRadio, ORF and SRG/SSR
Managing Director: Dr. Klaus Illgner-Fehns registration court Munich
Commercial Register No. B 5191