[Mailman-Users] Fire Wall Ports - 80, 25, others?

Drew Tenenholz drew.tenenholz at isid.org
Tue May 28 19:28:19 CEST 2013

Does anyone know if the mailman web pages can be hosted on alternative ports than 80 & 443?  University IT would like to block them.

Christian --

Thanks for the confirmation.  To clarify, I'm using subscribe_policy = "Confirm", so I like to have users be able to confirm via the website.  (I've seen confirmation requests end up in the moderation queue instead of being acted upon automatically, and since we lack the resources to daily read though what is nearly 99% junk, some users are left hanging.)  Good to know that port 80 should be open to the entire world, with the exception above.

For ssh, I have a a VPN connection that lets me access the server, so that can be closed to the world and I still get what I need.

-- Drew