[Mailman-Users] Upgrade Mailman 2.1.13 to 2.1.16

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 1 16:13:58 CET 2013

On 11/01/2013 07:27 AM, Martin Hugo wrote:

> Can anyone point me at a good tutorial on how to upgrade from 2.1.13 to 2.1.16?

If you still have the original directory in which you unpacked Mailman
2.1.13, look in the config.log file for the "Invocation command line".

Download and unpack 2.1.16 into a new directory.
Configure using the same command as before.
Stop mailman.
As root, run 'make install'.
Start mailman.

If you don't have the original configure command, you'll have to figure
out what options you used. First look in your installed
Mailman/Defaults.py. If PREFIX is other than '/usr/local/mailman', set
it with --prefix=. If VAR-PREFIX is other than the PREFIX value, set it
with --var-prefix=.

Likewise, use --with-mailhost= and --with-urlhost= to set
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and DEFAULT_URL_HOST.

See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node7.html> for more info on
configure options.