[Mailman-Users] Question on Upgrading

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 1 16:21:07 CET 2013

On 11/01/2013 07:45 AM, Sascha Rissel wrote:

> The server runs Debian and Plesk panel.
> Plesk offered an easy installation of mailman 2.1.13. After some further
> manual configuration, the system is running fine. :-)
>
> Now I'd like to upgrade to latest Mailman 2.1.16.
>
> Is there any help reliable help on how to build and install the upgrade?

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/tIA9>, in particular "It is
possible to trick Plesk into recognizing newer versions installed
manually but it's not for the faint of heart."

Installing Mailman from source is fairly straightforward and well
documented at <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/index.html>, but
making it work with Plesk may be tricky.