[Mailman-Users] How to programmatically disable all mail to member

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 13:55:31 CET 2013

It's easier to use your MTA's aliases file to send the e-mails to the
disabled account to /dev/null. If you happen to revive them, then make
the removal of the entry in the aliases file part of the reactivation
procedure. It's the easiest - me thinks!

On 4 November 2013 15:34, Peter Heitzer
<Peter.Heitzer at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 12:56:41 +0100
>> "Peter Heitzer" <Peter.Heitzer at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
>>
>>> We do not delete student or staff accounts immediately but set them
>>> disabled for about 6 month before deleting the accounts. While an
>>> account if disabled its mail address is no longer in the mta's
>>> alias tables and so any mail from a mailman list the user is
>>> subscribed to will bounce.
>>
>> Maybe set such users to nomail?
> I think that is not sufficient as the member still can get password reminder mails.

Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE
+254733744121/+254722743223
"I can't hear you -- I'm using the scrambler."