[Mailman-Users] unable to start Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Nov 6 03:29:05 CET 2013

On 11/05/2013 06:18 PM, c cc wrote:

> I am not sure this would help; I got this error message in
> /var/log/mailman/error
>
> IOError reading list extension: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/var/lib/mailman/lists/mailman/extend.py'
> Nov 05 20:16:53 2013 mailmanctl(31641): Site list is missing: mailman

You have permissions issues on the stuff you moved.

Are your attempts to access the lists via the web giving "we hit a bug"?

In any case, as root run Mailman's 'bin/check-perms -f'. It tends to
have issues with symlinks and may continue to report issues on the
symlink even though the target is fixed. That will probably help.