[Mailman-Users] Block calendar invites to list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 19 02:48:47 CET 2013

On 11/18/2013 08:50 AM, francis picabia wrote:

> It seems the solution could be looking at MIME header tags
> indicating it is a meeting invite, and we could block all
> emails containing:

> Placing that in Spam Filter rule does not capture the email,
> likely because it isn't in the top header section, but within
> the MIME encoded sections.

What you want is the regexp

^content-type:\s*text/calendar

in Privacy options... -> Spam filters -> header_filter_rules with the
appropriate action. This does look at part headers as well as the
message headers. If that's what you did, I don't know why it didn't
work, but if you send me a full message, I'll investigate.

> I'm back again.  Not quite what we were looking for.  Content
> filtering stripped out the meeting
> request from exchange, but did not discard the mail and the rest of
> the email message
> was delivered through the list.  We had
>
> Filter Content. Yes
> Action to take when a message matches the content filtering rules.
> Discard (checked)

Filter action only applies to messages which have no content left after
content filtering. What you observed is how it should work. This is
explained at the "(Details for filter_action)" link.