[Mailman-Users] Block calendar invites to list

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 16:09:42 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
> On 11/18/2013 08:50 AM, francis picabia wrote:
>>
>> It seems the solution could be looking at MIME header tags
>> indicating it is a meeting invite, and we could block all
>> emails containing:

>> Placing that in Spam Filter rule does not capture the email,
>> likely because it isn't in the top header section, but within
>> the MIME encoded sections.
>

> What you want is the regexp
>
> ^content-type:\s*text/calendar

Hi,

That worked.

Thanks very much.  This will save some embarrassment for users
who occasionally mark an event in their calendar.

I'd also like to remark on how pleasant it is to get help
like this from an open source developer without
the demi-god undertones of some mailing lists.  It is
much appreciated.  You're doing great work.