[Mailman-Users] problems with bounce processing

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 19 21:20:34 CET 2013

On 11/19/2013 11:26 AM, Christopher Adams wrote:

> I am having some problems with bounce processing working correctly. If I
> set a list so that a max bounce score  < 1 ( .1 in this case). So, the
> expectation is that the subscriber's account will immediately be tagged as
> 'No Mail" by Bounce (B). That is not happening.

It should work. The first bounce should disable delivery by bounce. You
can also set bounce_score_threshold to 0, but .1 should do the same thing.

Is bounce_processing set to Yes for the list? Are all the notifications
set to Yes?

> In addition, the bounce
> logs are quite a bit leaner than I would expect and the bounces don't seem
> to be showing up there.

What do you see in the MTA logs for mail which bounces?

> Can someone point me in the right direction? I have checked the cron and
> list settings and can't seem to resolve this. Stale users are not being
> marked disabled and are not getting unsubscribed.

Ultimate unsubscription, assuming bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings is
greater than 0 depends on cron/disabled, but if delivery is not being
disabled by bounce, then removal won't occur.