[Mailman-Users] Clearing Mailman's Queue...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Oct 8 03:14:31 CEST 2013

On 10/07/2013 04:24 AM, Christopher Kurtis Koeber wrote:

> So now I have well over 6 thousand notifications pending. I stopped the
> notifications from flowing by simply stopping the mailman service but how do
> I clear the queue so that the notifications do not go out?

Most if not all will be in Mailman's out/ queue some may be in the
virgin/ queue. You can probably identify them by time stamp and if in
doubt, Mailman's bin/show_qfiles will show you their contents.

Unwanted ones can simply be removed.

In a default Mailman installation these queue directories are in
/usr/local/mailman/qfiles or wherever you configured var_prefix to be.
Various packages put them in other places such as /var/spool/mailman/.