[Mailman-Users] Changing list name

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Thu Oct 10 00:48:13 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 03:49:22PM -0400, William McQueen wrote:
> I've been asked to change a list I manage to a different name. How is that
> done?

https://gist.github.com/adamamyl/6909815 may be helpful to you; it's
what I use.

http://wiki.list.org/x/mYA9 may be of interest.

> If that can't be done, how would I transfer all of the subscribers to a
> newly created list, *without* asking these very, very busy folks to
> resubscribe.

newlist, list_members, add_members with respective options (or indeed,
respective steps via the web interface)

--
"Unacknowledged poets are the legislators of the world."
    (quoted from New Statesman by A. Monkhouse, 1933)