[Mailman-Users] Automatic entry into aliases file

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Apr 1 22:54:46 CEST 2014

On 04/01/2014 12:30 PM, Anne Anderson wrote:

> But with this new version, when I create a new list I get a message showing
> me the format of the aliases entry and telling me I have to put this into
> the aliases file myself.
>
> It seems strange to me that Mailman would have this nice automatic entry
> feature, and then would somehow go back to making us do it by hand again.
>
> I must be missing something.  Is there a configuration that I can tweak
> that will enable automatic entry into the aliases file?

You need

MTA = 'Postfix'

in mm_cfg.py and possibly other configuration changes in Postfix. I'm
not very familiar with how the Ubuntu Package sets this up, but it
should all be documented somewhere - just be sure to NOT configure
postfix-to-mailman.

We do NOT recommend following the instructions under Postfix in the
Configuration section at
<https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/serverguide/mailman.html#mailman-configuration>

See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-integration.html>.