[Mailman-Users] handler to auto detach attachment and link it to a website?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 11 23:06:54 CEST 2014

On 04/11/2014 08:54 AM, Sylvain Viart wrote:

> 4.67. How do I implement a custom handler in Mailman
> <http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030615>
>

> Following instruction here, I've started to develop my custom handler,
> as Scrubber is scrubbing too "strong" for my purpose.
>
> Development question, is there a way to test the handler against a mail
> content, outside of the full mailman context?
>
> Something like:
>
> $ python -some-useful-switch-here MyHandler.py < mymail_withheader.txt

withlist is the tool for this. When I get a chance, I will update the
above FAQ with a skeleton framework, but in short you need a withlist
script that imports your handler, reads your message and builds a
Mailman.Message.Message object and calls your handler's process function.

> Is it more appropriate to post such question to mailman-developers list?

Either is OK.

> I've found: http://pythonhosted.org/mailman/src/mailman/docs/DEVELOP.html

That's for Mailman 3 and isn't relevant to Mailman 2.1.x.