[Mailman-Users] handler to auto detach attachment and link it to a website?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Apr 11 23:41:20 CEST 2014

Sylvain Viart writes:

 > Development question, is there a way to test the handler against a mail
 > content, outside of the full mailman context?

I forget the exact incantation, but I have a test list, and just test
for the test list at the top of the Handler, and return success
immediately.

 > Something like:
 >
 > $ python -some-useful-switch-here MyHandler.py < mymail_withheader.txt

It's not going to be that easy because the handlers receive both the
message itself and a message information object, and creation of the
object is non-trivial.  For hints I'd look at the testing code.

 > Is it more appropriate to post such question to mailman-developers list?

Not as far as I'm concerned, "create a custom Handler" is commonly
offered as a solution here, so we should be willing to support it
here.