[Mailman-Users] Emails from yahoo members, are getting rejected by yahoo, "Service Unavailable".

Mon Apr 14 01:27:26 CEST 2014

On 4/13/14, 6:17 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 04/13/2014 03:03 PM, Jim Popovitch wrote:
>> DMARC checks alignment of *both* DKIM and SPF, if either is broken DMARC fails.
>>
>>> SPF does not check the "From:" header line, and that's where the
>>> troubles begin with DMARC.
>> SPF checks sending IPs (of which your IPs won't match Yahoo's, thus
>> breaking DMARC)
>>
>> Either an SPF failure or a DKIM failure will cause a DMARC rejection
>> if p=reject.
>
> I'm not sure that's correct. I've been testing this so many ways, I'm
> not sure what I'm seeing, but I think a reject requires BOTH DKIM and
> SPF to be absent or fail. If either passes, no DMARC reject occurs.
>
> There are weird issues though. It seems I can't post from my gmail
> address to my yahoo group. I get a non-delivery notice from gmail. I'm
> not sure why. The yahoo group exists and my gmail address is a member
> with posting privileges.
>
> I'll follow up more after dinner break.

When they first added the DKIM, adding SPF to my domain fixed the
warnings that people got in GMail. When Yahoo upped to reject, this
doesn't seem to help. I don't know if there is supposed to be  a
difference here, or if Yahoo changed something else in the DMARC record
they changed to that would cause the SPF match on Envelope to no longer
override the DKIM error.

--
Richard Damon