[Mailman-Users] Emails from yahoo members, are getting rejected by yahoo, "Service Unavailable".

Keith Bierman khbkhb at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 02:55:20 CEST 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only true ways to handle dmarc messages (imho) are to reject posts
> where the poster's domain clearly says to not forward (i.e.
> p=reject)... OR... totally wrap the poster's email as an attachment
> and change the From: to something under control of the mailinglist
> that is sending the email.

​Well, my non-mail expert opinion for whatever it might be worth.

While the process of revising the RFC should have been followed, it does
seem that they are trying to solve a real problem.  Mail should come from
who it says it comes from, not make it trivial to pretend to be someone one
isn't.

So why not adopt a standard where the *sender* is always the list? The
obvious downside is that "reply to poster" stops working, but do these
"security" tools care if the reply-to is different from sender? if the list
default is "reply to poster" set the reply to as the original sender, but
"correctly" identify the message as coming from the mail server automation
... not the original sender.

Other than noncompliance to the existing RFC(s), what am I missing?

Keith Bierman
khbkhb at gmail.com
kbiermank AIM
303 997 2749