[Mailman-Users] DMARC and Bellsouth, etc.

Larry Kuenning larry at qhpress.org
Wed Apr 16 22:34:37 CEST 2014

On 4/16/2014 1:57 PM, Larry Kuenning wrote:

> Query:  On a very low-traffic mailing list (i.e. one where the list
> admin doesn't think it too much trouble), would it be a reasonable
> workaround for the list admin to paste the content of a
> message-to-be-moderated (i.e. one From: a yahoo address) into a new
> message _of his/her own_ and send _that_ to the list?  This message
> could include the original From: address _in its body text_ (not its
> headers) along with a brief reference to the yahoo problem to explain
> the unusual format.

I've since thought of a third difficulty besides the two I mentioned.

If the post-to-be-moderated is itself a reply to an earlier post, then
mailman's archive threading will be broken unless the list moderator
goes to the trouble of setting up the substitute message as a reply to
the same earlier post.  (And of course one must delete all the stuff
one's MUA wants to insert, as that will already be provided in the
message-to-be-moderated.)

Is this correct?

--
Larry Kuenning