[Mailman-Users] DMARC and Bellsouth, etc.

Tom Lieuallen toml at engr.orst.edu
Wed Apr 16 22:30:02 CEST 2014

Stephen,

Thank you very much for the summary of solutions.  I was about to
suggest/request it.  It may be helpful to add to the wiki as it seems
quite important and complicated. I'd be interested in more mails like
this, helping those of us move forward and alleviate the issues.

Unless I'm overlooking something, there is another option that appears
to work.  The anonymous_list option repackages the mail enough that
gmail no longer marks it as spam.

I don't think it's appropriate for most lists, but could be mentioned as
another option.  Unless it's similar to option 2 below. I'm not familiar
with ALLOW_AUTHOR_IS_LIST.

Lindsay Haisley also suggested:

"What I'm advising list admins here, which puts a band-aid on the
problem, is to put all yahoo.com subscribers on moderation, effectively
making them read-only subscriptions.  Also go through your membership
list and clear any nomail disablements with a "[B]" beside them."

Is there any way to make these changes with a script, or would one have
to do it manually?

I'm also curious if the spam options (header_filter_rules or
bounce_matching_headers) might be options to catch inbound messages from
yahoo.

Thank you all

Tom Lieuallen