[Mailman-Users] Accessing sub-letter search lists

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Apr 17 04:53:02 CEST 2014

Conrad G T Yoder writes:

 > Since we’re on the topic of items residing at bugs.launchpad.net,
 > what are the odds of Bug #1067953
 > (https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1067953) getting a little
 > love?  Not quite as easy a change as this one, but would benefit many
 > I’m sure.  Everyone subscribe!

Pretty good, now that you've posted this -- the Mailman developers are
sprinting at Pycon as I write this, I believe, or maybe still at
dinner since none of them are on IRC.

A few words to the wise, in the interest of DAO[1].  At least for me
personally I would be slightly more likely to look, and very likely to
look sooner, if you posted the title as well as the bug number.

In general, Mailman developers are mail-oriented (including Barry who
last I heard was a Launchpad developer).  I don't know if anybody who
can do something about bugs actually pays attention to subscription
counts.  Can't hurt, but posting here (or on -developers if you
actually want to participate in fixing by contributing code or code
reviews) is likely the best way to be a "squeaky wheel".  Please avoid
"me too posts" unless nobody responds in a few days.  At least Mark
and I read *every post* to mailman-users.

Once discussion on a fix starts, it will typically move to -developers
for the requirements and design discussion, then to the issue itself
(this is formalized for developing Python itself, we're less informal
but take our cue from Python).

Footnotes:
[1]  Developer Attention Optimization. :-)