[Mailman-Users] I : Error message "Bug in Mailman version 2.1.12" when approving a moderated post and selecting "Preserve message for the Administrator"...

Jacques Setton jsetton at waycast.com
Fri Apr 25 13:46:27 CEST 2014

>> This is a Python 2.6 incompatibility fixed in Mailman 2.1.13. The fix is
at <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/revision/1183>.

Thanks Mark for the pointer to the 1183 fix. For the time being, would it be
ok that I replace the existing 'ListAdmin.py' file by a revised one which
includes the 2 code-lines changes (actually 3 with the Copyright one) ?
I also assume that, after loading the revised file on the server, it would
be advisable to then restart (reload) the Mailman service.

>> If RedHat is packaging Mailman 2.1.12 with Python 2.6.6, this is a RedHat
issue. See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/pYA9>.

I understand that this is a bundled package provided by our current Cloud
provider (OVH). I'd need to check the current contractual statements, but it
could be that the duty falls on the customer to maintain the software
revisions included in the package supplied by the provider. Hence, it would
be helpful to know if I can just apply the above fix for now and then
consider (plan for) an upgrade to Mailman 2.1.13+ at a later stage. Thanks
for your advice on this preferred approach.

- - -
Regards,
  Jacques Setton
  jsetton at waycast.com