[Mailman-Users] Excessive bounces to list members on my list

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 04:20:11 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:11 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
> And think about it. If it were based on the presence of various headers,
> how long to you think it would take the black hats to figure out what
> they were and just put those headers into their phishing mails?

:-)  If not that, they the black hats could/would/did just add
DKIM+SPF+DMARC to their own yaaho.com, yahho.com, yahooo.com, etc.
domains.   After all, Granny Smith never looks at the domain, she just
looks at From: "Flower of the Month Club" (which is likely long enough
to push the <flowerofthemonth at yahooo.com> right off the right side of
the header field.

In 2 years people will be wondering how DMARC did hardly anything to
slow miscreants, just like some wondered why SPF, DKIM, PGP, SenderID,
etc didn't solved all of mankind's problems.

-Jim P.