[Mailman-Users] Excessive bounces to list members on my list

Larry Finch finches at portadmiral.org
Wed Apr 30 15:50:13 CEST 2014

On Apr 29, 2014, at 4:17 PM, Craig Gaevert <cgarch at sonic.net> wrote:

> It has been my experience that Yahoo is handling email for pacbell.net, sbcglobal.net, hotmail, and yes even Comcast, as well as a business domain hosted through sbcglobal - all based on a review of the bounce notices I’ve received for the lists I manage. Other info - my lists are hosted at Sonic.net which is still running 2.1.11. I’m a newb here, mostly trying to track what’s going on with the DMARC issues.

You need to be a little careful here. Yahoo does manage mail for other domains, but I don’t think the ones you listed are among them. However, those domains DO respect the “reject” status in Yahoo’s DMARC record. This means that messages from Yahoo (and now AOL) will be blocked by those domains, but mail from those domains will not be blocked.

--
Larry Finch
finches at portadmiral.org