[Mailman-Users] Any way to globally search and/or remove a user

George Kasica gkasica at netwrx1.com
Fri Aug 1 09:45:09 CEST 2014

Curious here about the following:

Is there any way or utility for Mailman that will allow me to search ALL the mailing lists on the server for a given user email and then remove that email address?

I don't care about sending out a nice email to them - these are SPAM passing emails that have gotten added and I just want them gone...it's not a huge number maybe 2 dozen, but when you spread that over say 8 lists and 2 servers the workload adds up to do it manually. In a perfect solution I could feed it a list of addresses in a flat file and let it go, if I have to build one line at a time that's not so bad either, but pointing and clicking it ugly and time consuming.

Conversely there probably is a bounce setting that I could be using to let it drop them after say 1or 2 bounces, but that kills off anyone with even a transient mail server issue so I'd rather go the manual route above.

Thanks,

George

---

===[George R. Kasica]===        +1 414 732 8503

gkasica at netwrx1.com             +1 206 374 6482 FAX

http://www.netwrx1.com/         Jackson, WI USA