[Mailman-Users] Noisy cron scripts

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Aug 9 02:06:30 CEST 2014

On 08/05/2014 04:43 AM, Drew Ferguson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I upgraded my server the other day and as a result moved from Mailman
> 2.1.14 to 2.1.15. My lists seem to be working fine but I am pestered by
> cron sending me almost hourly reports with very unhelpful information like
> this
>
> Subject: Cron <mailman at asgard> /usr/bin/python
> -S /usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs
> Date: Tue,  5 Aug 2014 08:00:01 +0200 (CEST)
>
> Fname: /var/lib/mailman/lists/fergies-on-tour/config.pck

Normally cron mails you the output from any job that issues any, but the
standard GNU Mailman cron/checkdbs doesn't issue any output unless given
invalid arguments or -h/--help.

Furthermore, all the crons you mention should each run only once per day.

What is the content of Mailman's crontab and/or a system mailman crontab?

Is the output always the same?

Is there anything relevant in cron's logs?