[Mailman-Users] Held Messages - Accept via email ?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Aug 9 03:51:36 CEST 2014

On 08/07/2014 11:56 AM, Anne M. Hammond wrote:
> mailman 2.1.12
>
> Can Held Messages be Accept-ed via an email message, by
> including the list password in the body of the message?
>
> For example, as list Moderator, I receive the Held Message
> summary:

> consideration at:
>
> 	http://internal.corp.com/mailman/admindb/test
>
> Please attend to this at your earliest convenience.  This notice of
> pending requests, if any, will be sent out daily.
>

> From: kenny.thomas at onlinesalesdata.com on Wed Aug  6 13:21:46 2014
> Subject: Attention Required
> Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list
>
> --------------------
>
> Is there a way to send email to test-request at corp.com to Accpt the
> message?

You need the confirmation token which is only included in the individual
notices you receive if the list's admin_immed_notify is Yes.

If you set this, you will receive a three part message from Mailman with
each held message. The first part is the held notice, the second is the
held message itself and the third is a message/rfc822 part From: the
list-request address with Subject: confirm <token>. The body of that
third part says:

of the body of the reply.

The important things are:
message. I.e. the reply goes To: the list-request address with Subject:
confirm <token> (possibly with Re: added). Actually it can be any
message To: the list-request address with Subject: confirm <token>.

2) if you want to accept rather than discard the message, you must include

as an actual header or the first body line of the reply where password
is the list admin or moderator password.