[Mailman-Users] Scrub_nondigest removing html message text

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Aug 13 03:52:16 CEST 2014

On 08/12/2014 06:34 PM, Peter Shute wrote:
> Thanks for that. We're on cpanel, so I assume we can't adjust ARCHIVE_HTML_SANITIZER?

That depends on your cPanel hosting service, assuming this is a hosted
list. If it's your own server, you will find Defaults.py and mm_cfg.py
in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/.

> I'm not sure we need html emails to come through as html, but we at least want plain text, not a link to a messed up html message.

Set the following in your list's Content filtering section.

filter_content = Yes
filter_mime_types - empty
pass_mime_types -
    multipart
    text/plain
    text/html
    plus any other mime types you want to allow.
filter_filename_extensions - Defaults are OK
pass_filename_extensions - empty
collapse_alternatives = Yes
convert_html_to_plaintext = Yes