[Mailman-Users] Mailman digest issues

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Aug 13 16:41:04 CEST 2014

On 08/13/2014 12:53 AM, Henrik Rasmussen wrote:

>>>   [root at mailman.example.com]# /usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests -l Sci-diku-imageworld

Sorry, I missed this before. List names in Mailman's bin/ commands
generally need to be Mailman's 'internal' list name. I.e. the
all-lower-case name, not the mixed case real_name. Try

/usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests -l sci-diku-imageworld

> No Digest mails was sent at all when digest_size_threshhold = 1000.

Digests with one message each were being sent with
digest_size_threshhold = 0
so if this is raised to say
digest_size_threshhold = 10000
periodic digests should be sent.

If there are messages accumulated for the digest, i.e.,
/var/lib/mailman/lists/sci-diku-imageworld/digest.mbox exists, and you run

/usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests -l sci-diku-imageworld

digests should be sent. If so, and they are not being sent daily, I am
at a loss since your cron log shows cron/senddigests is being run.

If the above does not send the digests, what does it report?