[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.18-1 not respecting add_virtualhost

Chris Miller ctodd at scratchspace.com
Thu Aug 14 00:50:04 CEST 2014

Hello,
     we recently updated our (vhost patched) Mailman installation
from 2.1.14 to 2.1.18-1 (https://launchpad.net/~msapiro) in order to
workaround Yahoo's recent change to their SPF policy that this
version addresses. Virtual mailing list hosting worked fine up until
this upgrade.

Here is an example of our mm_cfg.py :

VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'list.ourdomain.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'list.ourdomain.com'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = On
add_virtualhost('list.customerdomain.com', 'customerdomain.com')

If we change the default values above and run the below command, the
available mailing lists move from the old default to the new.

bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url --

All add_virtualhost configuration lines are ignored.

Since withlist is able to read the changes in our mm_cfg.py, this
does not strike me as an issue with our configure options which were
limited :

./configure --prefix=/usr/lib/mailman
--with-var-prefix=/var/lib/mailman --with-cgi-gid=apache

I am unaware of a method we can use to further debug this, such as a
command that would effectively dump out Mailman's configuration
options, thus validating if it is even reading the add_virtualhost
configuration lines.

--

Regards,
     Chris