[Mailman-Users] Changing configure default paths

Chris Miller ctodd at scratchspace.com
Thu Aug 14 21:16:21 CEST 2014

Having previously used RPM installations of mailman, we've run into
issues in getting configure to put things in the places we would
like to see them. We can specify --prefix=/usr/lib/mailman and
--with-var-prefix=/var/lib/mailman but we seem to be unable to
specify a log directory such as /var/log/mailman, a config directory
such as /etc/mailman (this one may really be an RPM post install
script thing that creates symlinks to /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman).
I've also seen some differences in terms of where some directories
are located, sometimes in /usr/lib/mailman, sometimes in
/var/lib/mailman.

The ultimate goal here is to utilize a sane and consistent directory
layout across the hosts we have mailman installed on.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

--

Regards,
     Chris

Chris Miller