[Mailman-Users] This is new

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Aug 17 02:13:40 CEST 2014

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/lYA9>.

> Checking on some list configs, I do  bin/config_list -o - <listname> and
> get this from one list,
> but not others:
>
> [...]
> # href="?VARHELP=privacy/sender/dmarc_moderation_action">
> # dmarc_moderation_action applies to this message with an action other
> # than Accept, that action rather than this is applied
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "./config_list", line 364, in <module>
>      main()
>    File "./config_list", line 357, in main
>      do_output(listname, outfile)
>    File "./config_list", line 128, in do_output
>      do_list_categories(mlist, k, None, outfp)
>    File "./config_list", line 180, in do_list_categories
>      value = getattr(mlist, varname)
>    File "/local/mailman/teamnet/Mailman/MailList.py", line 146, in
> __getattr__
>      raise AttributeError, name
> AttributeError: from_is_list
>

> So I go to the admin page for that list and get the "We've hit a bug page."
>
> Fun. Any quick fixes to the config.pck file?

There is an issue with the list's data_version attribute vs.
Mailman.Version.DATA_FILE_VERSION. When the from_is_list and other new
attributes were added, Mailman.Version.DATA_FILE_VERSION was incremented
to make it greater than the list's data_version attribute which in turn
will cause the lists to be updated the first time they are instantiated.

Perhaps you had some other patches that incremented
Mailman.Version.DATA_FILE_VERSION, so that the list's data_version
attribute was not < Mailman.Version.DATA_FILE_VERSION causing the update
to be skipped.

The way to fix this is to set Mailman.Version.DATA_FILE_VERSION to a
value greater than the data_version attribute of the lists.

First run this bash script

for l in `/path/to/mailman/bin/list_lists --bare`
   do /path/to/mailman/bin/dumpdb /path/to/mailman/lists/$l/config.pck \
     | grep data_version
   done

This will print the data_version for each list. If N is the largest such
value, edit Mailman/Version.py to change the line

DATA_FILE_VERSION = 104

to set a value > N. Then visit the listinfo overview page which should
update all the lists.

Then so this doesn't happen again, set DATA_FILE_VERSION back to 104 in
Mailman/Version.py and create a file containing the single line

mlist.data_version = 104

and run this bash script

cd /path/to/mailman/bin/
for l in `./list_lists --bare`
  do ./config_list -i /path/to/above/file $l
  done

That should fix things.