[Mailman-Users] This is new

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Aug 17 05:16:16 CEST 2014

On 08/16/2014 08:04 PM, Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> I guess I am not understanding what you mean by instantiating existing
> lists.  All the others have version 104, as does the Version.py file.

Anything you do which accesses a list's config.pck via
Mailman/MailList.py (which is pretty much any Mailman process other than
bin/dumpdb) will test if Mailman.Version.DATA_FILE_VERSION is greater
than the list's data_version and if so, will run
Mailman.versions.Update() to update the list configuration, add new
attributes, etc.

Clearly this is not happening in your case because the from_is_list
attribute is not being added.

Does your Mailman/versions.py contain

     PreferStored('author_is_list', 'from_is_list',
                  mm_cfg.DEFAULT_FROM_IS_LIST)

at lines 317,318?