[Mailman-Users] Emails lost due to receipient spam filters

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Thu Aug 28 16:26:19 CEST 2014

Hi Alan:

Are you aware of the DMARC issue that list owners are facing when allowing
Yahoo and AOL members to post to a list? Please see the following:

http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=17891458

Are you using the From_Is_List option on the general options page? If you
are, what setting do you have it set to?

We were/are having issues emailing Gmail users when using the mung setting
so we are now instructing our mailman clients to use the "Wrap Message"
setting. Google considers any email that breaks the 5322 RFC standard to be
a violation of their best practices for sending bulk mail. Also you can use
the following form to talk to Google:

https://support.google.com/mail/contact/msgdelivery

https://support.google.com/mail/contact/bulk_send_new?rd=1

Here is their Bulk Senders Guidelines:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126

Brian Carpenter
EMWD.com

Providing Cloud and Mailman hosting Services and more for many years.

T: 336.755.0685
E: brian at emwd.com
www.emwd.com
www.mailmanhost.com

The
> gmail account spam folder would flag it and give me a note something to
the
> effect of "The sender's yahoo.com address could not be confirmed".
>
> Furthermore, in the gmail account, I can mark the email as "Not SPAM" but
> that doesn't help on subsequent emails.
>

> As an experiment, I changed a few settings (from default Yes to No), but
> these didn't seem to make a difference:
> - Should messages from this mailing list include the RFC 2369 (i.e.
List-*)