[Mailman-Users] Incorrect email address - a bug?

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Wed Dec 3 21:45:13 CET 2014

On Wed, 2014-12-03 at 14:32 -0600, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> Going to the member options page from the general info page (not logged
> in as an admin), I enter my email address on the latter and get the
> login page for user list management.  The page shows, quite correctly,
> "<listname> list: member options for user fmouse at fmp.com".  When I
> request a Password reminder it doesn't arrive.  The mail server log
> shows that Mailman is trying to send to "fmouse-owner at fmp.com" - no such
> user!!  A bug?  This address is also reflected in the VERP sender
> address.  fmouse at fmp.com isn't an owner of the list, just a subscriber.
> I _can_ log in as an administrator using my skeleton key pw, but when
> this happens, I'm not logged in as one (if I am, of course, I go
> straight to the member options page w.o. being asked to authenticate).

Same thing happens if I request a password reminder from the login page
for the private list archive.  Email gets sent to fmouse-owner at fmp.com
[sic].  I could, of course, authorize this address and see what it sends
me for a password, and if this password works for my real email address.

"fmouse-owner at fmp.com" is not a subscriber to the list.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works if you let it"
FMP Computer Services |