[Mailman-Users] MHonArc Patch for Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Dec 5 07:19:20 CET 2014

On 12/04/2014 05:05 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> After a quick look at the patch I'd guess a 50% change that nothing
> relevant to MHonArc except the version number has changed since
> 2.1.12, and a 90% chance that any fixes needed are *very* simple.
> Have you tried that patch and had it fail?  If not, give it a try,
> please.  We'll be happy to help debug any issues.

Just for fun, I applied both the prerequisite modinc-2.1.12-0.1.patch
and the mhonarc-2.1.12-0.1.patch to Mailman 2.1.18-1

Both patches failed to patch Mailman/Version.py because the 2.1.18-1
DATA_FILE_VERSION is 105 and in 2.1.12 it was 97. This is trivial to
fix. Just increment DATA_FILE_VERSION to 105.2.

The only other failure was in Mailman/Mailbox.py because Mailman 2.1.18
adds a skipping() method to the end of the module. Again, it is very
simple to manually add the intended changes.

Everything else applied with at most line number offsets.