[Mailman-Users] Yahoo spam detection

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Dec 23 05:13:35 CET 2014

Steven D'Aprano writes:

 > Some of my Yahoo subscribers are reporting that emails from my
 > mailing list are being flagged as spam. As far as I can tell, I'm
 > not using spammy words, and the emails are plain text not HTML. I
 > have SPF set up.

I think it might be helpful to set up DKIM as well.  The standard
prohibits differentiating between unsigned mail and mail with a failed
signature, but you are allowed to decrease spamminess scores for a
successful signature verification, and also for From alignment (aka
DMARC pass).  (Yes, I believe that Yahoo conforms to standards in this
respect, though I can't be sure.)

The FAQ as mentioned by Mark already (fastest consult in the West!):
http://wiki.list.org/x/4oA9

A useful tidbit from that FAQ: Yahoo's feedback loop is at
http://feedbackloop.yahoo.net/index.php

I hate IronPort.  My employer uses it and enables [SPAM] subject tags,
so it's *really* obvious that about 40% (!!) of spam is *not* caught,
and on the other hand about 15% of ham is tagged SPAM or SUSPECT SPAM.
Why bother?

Regards,