[Mailman-Users] Rescuing Misdirected Mail from Moderation Queue - possible?

Drew Tenenholz drew.tenenholz at isid.org
Mon Feb 3 16:01:40 CET 2014

All --

I have a problem I hope you can help me with.  I am a owner/manager of about a dozen interrelated lists and we've just discovered that about 50 posts which should have been delivered to the French-language list were actually being sent to the English language list.

Is it possible to actually have them sent to the correct list with their original date/time?

Here's the details:

-- All lists are announce-only, with approval passwords, and explicit address restrictions.
-- The messages incorrectly sent to the English list are being held in that list's moderation queue because they have the wrong password, as they should be.

I'm wondering if it is possible to somehow copy/move/duplicate the moderation queue of the English list into the French list, then use the moderation webpage to 'accept' the posts for delivery.  Since I have complete root access to the server running Mailman, I can do whatever I like at the file system level and then refresh Mailman.

So, a couple of questions about this idea:
1) If this is a feasible method, with the accepted posts come with their original date/time?
2) Will Mailman appropriately strip out the 'Approved:password' line when a message is released from the moderation queue, or will it deliver the message in it's entirety?
3) Do I need to temporarily update the require_explicit_address option in the French list, or will accepting the posts from the moderation queue override that preference?

Are there other ways to achieve what I'm looking to do?

Thanks in Advance,
Drew Tenenholz