[Mailman-Users] Populating mailman lists out of AD or LDAP.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Feb 4 03:48:53 CET 2014

On 02/03/2014 06:13 PM, Steven Jones wrote:

> Thanks, I see there is a comment #10 on possible problems with 3000 users?, we want to do 20000+.
>
> Is that possible?

Comment #10 is over 7 years and several versions old. Also, the required
Python LDAP module <http://www.python-ldap.org/> has been updated many
times since then.

I suspect that the problem in the case of the author of comment #10 was
timeouts in the LDAP query, but only testing will say for sure. If
that's still an issue with large databases, there might be controls in
the LDAP module that would help. See
<http://www.python-ldap.org/doc/html/index.html>.