[Mailman-Users] Subscription notifications - how to turn it off.

Joe joemailgroups at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 22:56:54 CET 2014

Hello, everyone.

I have decided to transfer my mailman lists to a third party Mailman host.

What options do I have to transfer all subscriptions to the new server ? Is there a way to export the files and then transfer to the host's server ?

Assuming I am not able to do this (I am currently experiencing problems with the hard drive where the files are located) and have to manually enter all subscriptions (there are nearly 500 members total) is there a way to prevent subscription notices from being sent out again ? Each subscriber has already been sent a notification when they were subscribed and I want to make this transition smooth be avoiding subscription notices from being sent again.

Thank you in advance.

Joe.