[Mailman-Users] Help needed Mailman, Postfix with MySQL and Virtual Domain Lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Feb 10 01:00:31 CET 2014

On 02/09/2014 10:18 AM, George Kasica wrote:

> [...]

Your messages are being automatically discarded by Mailman. There are
only 5 ways this can happen.

1) The post is from a moderated member and member_moderation_action is
Discard.

2) The post is from a non-member and either the non-member is in
discard_these_nonmembers or generic_nonmember_action is discard.

The above settings are found in Privacy options... -> Sender filters.

3) A header in the post matches a Spam Filter Rule in Privacy options...
-> Spam filters -> header_filter_rules with a Discard action.

4) Content filtering -> filter_content is Yes, the post is empty after
content filtering and filter_action is Discard.

5) Non-digest options -> scrub_nondigest is Yes, ARCHIVE_HTML_SANITIZER
is set to 0 in mm_cfg.py and the post is non-multipart with MIME type
text/html.

In your case, 4) is most likely, Either the post is text/html and you
don't accept text/html or the post is multipart/related and you don't
accept multipart/related or all multipart types.

Set filter_action to Reject and see what happens.