[Mailman-Users] Moderation history

Thu Feb 13 04:44:49 CET 2014

On 2/12/14, 9:11 PM, Peter Shute wrote:
> Our users are moderated on subscribing, and then unmoderated after a probation period. Some are moderated again for bad behaviour, then unmoderated for a period, then moderated again, etc.
>
> In making decisions about who to unmoderate, it would be useful to see the user's history. I.e. when they subscribed, when they were unmoderated, etc. At the moment we can't even tell why someone is moderated, and the only history I've got is the subscription alert emails I save.
>
> On top of that we have many users who unsubscribe instead of turning off mail delivery when they go on holidays, so they become moderated again when they resubscribe.
>
> Does mailman keep a record of this stuff?
>
> Peter Shute

To my knowledge, mailman does not keep track of this. I have the list
software send me notices of messages held for moderation and file them
in a folder sorted by subject. When I get a new notice I can see
you could send yourself a message with that same subject, recording why
they were put on moderation.

--
Richard Damon