[Mailman-Users] Mailman web interface with apache 2.4

Stefano Cislaghi s.cislaghi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 10:04:50 CET 2014

Hi,

I've just installed Ubuntu 13.10 with apache 2.4. Here, mailman is working
but I'm getting stuck with the webinterface.
He're providing anytime 403 forbidden, logging:

AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin

Digging into changelog of apache 2.4 I discoved that entries:

Order Allow, Deny
Allow from all

are no more current and must be replaced by  'Require all granted'. Doing
so didn't solve the issue, but error log changed as:

AH01797: client denied by server configuration:
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/admin

Here my current mailman.conf in apache2 sites:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/mailman/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/
Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
Alias /images/mailman/ /usr/share/images/mailman/
<Directory /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/>
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
    Require all granted
</Directory>
<Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/>
    Options FollowSymlinks
    AllowOverride None
    Require all granted
</Directory>
<Directory /usr/share/images/mailman/>
    AllowOverride None
    Require all granted
</Directory>

Does anyone already hit this issue and solved? Seems to be something
relalted to security options into apache 2.4 and cgi execution.

thanks
Ste