[Mailman-Users] Rejected or bounced messages.

Joe joemailgroups at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 22:28:41 CET 2014

Hi, everyone.

I have received several messages returned as rejected that were sent by my Mailman server as the 1st of the month subscription reminder.

These messages contain a technical explanation about the reason for their rejection I don't understand but it seems to me it has something to do with the way the messages are formatted. I received several of these messages from a total of nearly 350 members we host at this moment.

I won't post the messages and their entire content but just some of the reasons for their rejection. Here they are:

MESSAGE 1:

                  The mail system

<mail at epdot.com>: host mx1.megamailservers.com[216.251.32.71] said: 550
   5.7.1 s01D0qcI004613 This message does not comply with required standards.

MESSAGE 2:

                  The mail system

<mail at me.com>: host mx6.me.com.akadns.net[17.158.8.114] said: 550
   5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: username at me.com (in reply to RCPT
   TO command)

MESSAGE 3:

                  The mail system

<mail at cgocable.ca>: host mx2.cgocable.ca[216.221.81.40] said: 550 #5.1.0
   Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

MESSAGE 4:

                  The mail system

<mail at msn.com>: host mx2.hotmail.com[65.55.92.168] said: 550 Requested
   action not taken: mailbox unavailable (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Do you have any idea as to why these messages have been returned and what I need to do to resolve this issue ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Joe.