[Mailman-Users] POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD run once?

Barry S. Finkel bsfinkel at att.net
Fri Jan 3 18:58:41 CET 2014

On 1/3/2014 11:28 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 16:01:02 -0600

>> >One question I have had for a while - As 2.1.17 is the latest release
>> >Mailman, why do people do new installations with versions that
>> >are old?
>> >
>> >2.1.12 released 2009-02-23
>> >2.1.17 released 2013-11-23
>> >
>> >I did Google searches, and I found that CentOS 6.4 was released
>> >May 23, 2013 and contains Mailman 2.1.12.
> CentOS prefer stability, #like other enterprise distros
> for latest updates use *buntu, fedora etc..
>

> ___
> Regards,
> Frank
> www.frankly3d.com

When I was working as a systems programmer with an IBM mainframe,
there was one piece of critical software that the applications
group would not let me patch.  "If it isn't broken, don't fix it".
Then, they were installing an add-on that required a patch to be
installed.  Installing that one patch involved installing over
1600 patches, and IBM had to write a fix for me because the IBM
software that controls installation of system software had problems
with the installation of that many patches at once.  And, the
applications group had begun using their test system for production
work, so they had no system on which to test the patched software.

When I was managing a Mailman installation, I kept Mailman
up-to-date, because I never knew when one of my lists would
encounter a bug that had already been fixed.

--Barry Finkel