[Mailman-Users] Moderating on an iPad

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Sun Jan 5 11:08:57 CET 2014

I've been asked to moderate a mailman list, and it's easiest for me to do it on my iPad. I often (not always) find that when I reopen the browser to look at the moderation queue, when I click on the "reload page" link, it logs me out.

I assume that what's happening is that iOS's multitasking has decided I haven't used the browser for a while, so it has closed it, so the cookie expires or something. Then when I reopen the browser, it restores the page how I left it, but it's not really logged in.

Does anyone know a way around this? The password for the list concerned is very difficult to type on the iOS keyboard, so just logging in again isn't an option. The browser doesn't offer to save the password like with some sites, not sure why.

I've tried the Mailman Moderator app, but it doesn't let me read messages, or see more than one item at a time.

Peter Shute

Sent from my iPad