[Mailman-Users] Mailman Issues and How to debug?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 23 04:32:16 CET 2014

On 01/22/2014 06:33 PM, Srinivas B. wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
> Thanks for the FAQ link. Checked the mail-headers and confirmed the mail
> is actually originating from our production server and no where else. We
> use DKIM/SPF and I could see them in the mail-headers - so it isn't a
> test-server or anything that is left behind somewhere. Checked the
> crontab and I can only see one entry there for mailman. There is no
> other cron try there. Checked for multiple installations of mailman but
> all I can see is one.

And are you sure that the admindb URL you follow is actually going to
the same server?

Please confirm my understanding that:

1) there are no heldmsg files in Mailman's data directory.

2) You receive a daily "n LISTNAME moderator request(s) waiting" email,
but when you go to the admindb page, there are no requests there.

The admindb CGI uses the same list methods that the checkdbs cron uses
to find the requests so the only way they can report different results
is if they are looking at different lists/LISTNAME/request.pck files
which would imply running from different Mailman instances.

Try

sudo find / -name request.pck

or, if your locate database is current,

locate request.pck

to see if there is more than one LISTNAME/request.pck on the server.

You can also use the script at
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_requests> to look at a request.pck,
but it will only look at those in the Mailman installation whose bin/
directory it runs from.