[Mailman-Users] Mailman Issues and How to debug?

Srinivas B. srinivasb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 04:48:38 CET 2014

Hi Mark

There is only one server running in Amazon AWS hosting the sites and
mailman. There was another server in "stopped" state which I now terminated.

1: When I checked originally there were no "held" messages under data
folder. As of this writing now, I see few there. One held message for one
of the lists, but it is ZERO byte file. The others are for another list and
I can see the contents for each of them. I may have to wait till tomorrow
morning to see what I get from mailman as the reminder(s) now.

2: Yes, I had received these messages a couple of days in a row and I
couldn't find anything pending when I went to admin UI.

Checked for request.pck, and all I can see were one per list and no dupes

# sudo find / -name request.pck | sort
/home/.mailman/mailman/lists/mailman/request.pck
/var/lib/mailman/lists/exgcm/request.pck
/var/lib/mailman/lists/gclist/request.pck
/var/lib/mailman/lists/genlist/request.pck
/var/lib/mailman/lists/hmec-l/request.pck
/var/lib/mailman/lists/mailman/request.pck
/var/lib/mailman/lists/mem/request.pck
/var/lib/mailman/lists/news-l/request.pck
/var/lib/mailman/lists/njlist/request.pck
/var/lib/mailman/lists/nylist/request.pck
/var/lib/mailman/lists/rlist/request.pck
/var/lib/mailman/lists/slist/request.pck
/var/lib/mailman/lists/vhpa-boston/request.pck
/var/lib/mailman/lists/whc-so-dev/request.pck
/var/lib/mailman/lists/whc-so-pmo/request.pck
/var/lib/mailman/lists/whc-so-sba/request.pck

I will check again tomorrow and see how many reminder messages will I get
from the mailman. Thank you.

-Srinivas