[Mailman-Users] Question about rejection messages.

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Jul 2 04:12:52 CEST 2014

Mark Sapiro writes:

 > At 05:00 local time this morning my Mailman installation sent password
 > reminders to 65 comcast.net addresses. Of these, exactly 1 bounced with
 >
 > 550 5.1.1 <user at comcast.net> Account not available (in reply to RCPT TO
 > command)

OK, so we know Comcast will admit that a user doesn't exist.  Is this
a personalized list?  Maybe Comcast does something different with a
multiple recipient RCPT TO that contains multiple invalid users?

Also, note that this message, presumably a quote from comcast.net up
to the open paren, includes an extended status code whereas the OP's
error did not.  I wonder if his MTA was actually talking to
comcast.net?  Maybe somebody gave him a "comcast.com" address by
mistake or something like that?