[Mailman-Users] Password in clear text

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jul 2 15:28:37 CEST 2014

On 07/02/2014 03:58 AM, Henrik Rasmussen wrote:
> I know this has been asked before, but I haven't found anything about whether or not this will be a future change or how to work around it.

Mailman 3 does not store unencrypted passwords.

There are no plans for changing the way passwords are handled in Mailman
2.1.

You can always remove cron/mailpasswds from Mailman's crontab to avoid
sending monthly reminders all together regardless of list or user
settings. Users will still be able to request a reminder from the
options login page.