[Mailman-Users] Mailman message IDs? Disappearing Posts

Steven Owens stevenjowens at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 23:10:14 CEST 2014

I have some new data just now, as one of the list subscribers finally
reported that they had seen one of the posts in question.

Also, confusing the issue was the fact that my gmail account is
receiving other list messages, but not list messages from those users,
and there was no sign of a bounce from gmail.  However, I did some
googling and apparently it's not unknown for gmail to silently discard
messages... sigh.

What's weird is that hotmail/yahoo/gmail are discarding or bouncing
some messages, and allowing some others through.  One yahoo user's
posts get through while another's done.

Doing some more googling, it looks like a lot of spam filtering /
blocking policies changed recently.  I guess I need to study up.  If
you have any suggestions for where to start, I'm all ears (well,
eyes).

I was going to ask if there's a log level setting that I can turn up,
but google shows you replying to a similar request with "no" :-).

Thanks for the help.

--
Steven J. Owens
stevenjowens at gmail.com